Professor, Dept. of Nuclear Science and Engineering
Faculty of Science & Engineering
M.Sc. (Thesis group in Nuclear Physics); M.Sc. (Applied Mathematics); M. Phil. (Nuclear Physics-Radiation Shielding); Ph.D. (Nuclear Physics-Radiation Dosimetry)
- Reactor Physics and Nuclear Engineering- 6 months (BAEC)
- Radiation Protection for Nuclear Reactor Facilities-6 months (Vienna, Austria)
- Reactor Dosmetry (Riga)
- Radioactive Waste Safety, Nuclear Safety, Nuclear Security, Nuclear Regulatory Control, Radioactivity Monitoring etc.
- Computer modelling with: MCNP, QAD, RASCAL, MONDAL, SCALE, ORIGEN, PCTRAN, PLEXIFin, ENPEP, SIMPACTS, RESRAD, PAGAN, BIDEVAL, MESSAGE
- Megaport Initiative and Portal Gate Radiation Monitoring
- Nuclear Power Project Management (Russia)
Working Experience/ Professional Experience:
32 years experience in the file field of health physics, radioactive waste management, nuclear safety, security and safeguards and nuclear regulatory control.
- Former Dean, Faculty of Science and Engineering, KYA University
- Former Head, Department of Medical Physics, KYA University
- Former Syndicate Member & Academic Council Member of KYA University
- Former Part-time Teacher, Department of Nuclear Engineering, Dhaka University
- Former Part-time Teacher, Department of Bio-Medical Physics and Technology, Dhaka University
- Former Part-time Teacher, Department of Physics, BUET
- Former Guest Teacher for BCPS, Mohakhali
- Former Guest Teacher, NICHR (For MD students in Radiotherapy), Mohakhali
- Former Guest Teacher, NINMAS, BSMMU, Shahbag
- Former Member (Planning) and Chief Scientific Officer (NPS Grade-1), Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission (BAEC)
- Former Director, International Affairs Division, BAEC and NLO for IAEA
- Former Director, Nuclear Safeguards and Security Division, BAEC
- Former Director, Nuclear Power and Energy Division, BAEC
- Former Director, Nuclear Safety and Radiation Control Division (NSRCD), BAEC
- Former Head, Radiation Control Section, NSRCD, BAEC
- Former Head, Health Physics and Radioactive Waste Management Division, INST, AERE, BAEC
He is the author or co-author of more than 160 articles and book chapters and has delivered more than 30 conference and symposium presentations at national and international forums.
His research and teaching interests are in nuclear energy, nuclear safety, health physics, radioactive waste management, radiation shielding analysis, environmental radiation & radioactivity monitoring, medical dosimetry and nuclear science and engineering education.
He was the supervisor of about 30 M. Sc. students, 8 M. Phil. students and 7 Ph.D. students of different public universities.
- Worked as Consultant on SSDL for 1 week at IAEA, 1998, Vienna, Austria.
- Worked as Consultant on DBT for 1 week at IAEA (three times), 2006, Vienna, Austria.
- Worked as Consultant on Security of Radioactive Sources and Radiation Safety for 2 months, 2013, SPSS , Saudi Arabia.
- Worked as Consultant on Radionuclide Transfer Modeling for 1 week at German Research Foundation, 2015, FRG.
- Regular Associate of International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Trieste, Italy during 1999-2005.A
- Member of American Physical Society (APS) (Based on qualification and experience with out any subscription)
- Life member of Bangladesh Physical Society (BPS)
- Life member of Association of Medical Physicists in India (AMPI) and Bangladesh Medical Physics Association (BMPA)
- Life member of American Association for Science and Technology
- Member of Editorial Board of American Journal of Science and Technology, Journal of Biomedical Science and Engineering, Bangladesh Journal of Medical Physics and Bangladesh Journal of Radiation Protection.
Subjects Taught at MIST:
A. BSc in NSE
- NSE153: Fundamental of Nuclear Physics
- NSE201: Neutron Transport and Reactor Physics
- NSE101: Introduction to Nuclear Science and Engineering
- NSE262: Modeling and Simulation Sessional
- NSE307: Health Physics
- NSE308: Health Physics-Sessional
B. MSc & PhD in NSE
- NSE6007: Nuclear Safeguards, Safety, Security, Policies & Regulations
- NSE6004: Radiation Detection, Measurement and Radiation Protection
- NSE6002: Advanced Nuclear Science and Engineering
Subjects Taught at DU/KYAU:
- MNE507: Health Physics and Radiation Sources
- BPT-M-01: Biophysics and Medical Radiation Physics
- BPT-M-07: Radiation Biology and Protection
- BPT-M-11: Radiation Biology and Oncology Physics
- MP501: Introduction to Nuclear and Reactor Physics
- MP503: Radiation Oncology Physics
- MP502: Nuclear Physics Sessional
- MP505:Radiobiology and Modelling
- MP507: Brachytherapy Physics
- MP601: Radiological Mathematics
- MP604: Medical Physics Sessional
- MP605: Medical Health Physics
- Phy102: Basic and Modern Physics
Recent Research Publications (2015-2016)
A. Based on research works at NSE Department, MIST
- A.S. Mollah, AZM Salahuddin, M.A. Hossain and J. Saied, Nuclear Electricity from Nuclear Power: Clean Environment, Proc. of the Seminar on Nuclear Energy and Safety, 22 August 2015, page 23-25, MIST.
- A.S. Mollah, Sabiha Sattar, M. A, Hossain, AZM Salahuddin and H. Rashid, Prospectus of nuclear energy in Bangladesh, Int. J. Nuclear Energy Science and Engineering, Vol. 4, 39-43, 2015.
- J. Syed, M. A, Hossain, AZM Salahuddin, A. S. Mollah and S. Khan, Assessment of Economic Feasibility of Nuclear Option for Newcomer Countries Using INPRO Methodology, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 7, Issue 5, May-2016, page 156.
- A.S. Mollah, Sabiha Sattar, M. A, Hossain, AZM Salahuddin and S. Khan, Analysis of environmental impacts of different energy technologies: clean environment from nuclear energy, Paper submitted to MIST Journal (2015).
- A.S. Mollah, A. Begum, M. A. Hossain and A.Z.M. Salahuddin, Roles of Nuclear Medicine Professionals in Case of a Nuclear or Radiological Emergency in Bangladesh, Bangladesh Journal of Nuclear Medicine, Vol. 19 (1), 80 (2016).
- A. S. Mollah, Ashraful Islam, Sabiha Sattar, M. A. Hossain and A.Z. M. Salahuddin, Robot-based System for Monitoring of Ionizing Radiation in the Nuclear Environment, Paper accepted for presentation in the Int. Conf. (RAD16), Serbia (2016).
- A. S. Mollah, Sabiha Sattar, M. Altab Hossain, M. H. Jahangir and, A.Z. M. Salahuddin, Analysis of the Institutional Framework for Radioactive Waste Management in Bangladesh, Journal of Nuclear Sciences, Vol. 3(2), 35, 2016.
- A.Z.M. Salahuddin, Altab Hossain, R. A. Khan, M.S. Akbar and A. S. Mollah, An Intelligent Approach for Nuclear Security Measures on Nuclear Materials: Demands and Needs, IAEA Conference, 2016
- A. S. Mollah, AZM Salahuddin, M. H. Jahangir and M. A. Hossain, “Use of radioactive sources in medical facilities: Analysis of radiation protection, safety and security issues, Bangladesh Journal of Nuclear Medicine, Vol. 20 (1), 85, 2017.
B. Based on supervision of MSc/PhD Thesis works at DU/JU
- M. M. Ali, M. M. Zaman, M. S. Hossain, M. A. Zaman, A. S. Mollah, Assessment of Thyroid Radiation Doses Due To Various Iodine Radionuclides Released From TRIGA Mark II Research Reactor Accident, International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Research Technology (IJEART) Vol. 1 (2), 16 (2015).
- Hossain Sahadath, A. S. Mollah, Khorshed Ahmad Kabir and Md. Fazlul Huq, Calculation of the different shielding properties of locally developed ilmenite-magnetite (I-M) concrete, Radioprotection 50(3), 203 (2015).
- M. Nahar, A. S. Mollah and M.A. Akramuzzaman, Development of MGDA software for calculation of patient specific mean glandular dose during mammography, Bangladesh J. Nucl. Med., Vol. 18(1), 16, (2015).
- A. S. Mollah, M.N. Sharmin and M. N. Uddin, Dosimetric characteristics of flattened photon beams of two elekta linear accelerators, Bangladesh J. Nucl. Med. Vol. 18(1), 78 (2015).
- M. Nahar, M. Sazzad, A. S. Mollah and M.A. Akramuzzaman, Development of MGDA software for calculation of patient specific mean glandular dose during mammography, Bangladesh J. Nucl. Med., Vol. 18(2), 156, (2015).
- Ripan Biswash, Hossain Sahadath, A. S. Mollah, Md. Fazlul Huq, Calculation of gamma-ray attenuation parameters for locally developed shielding material: Polyboron, Journal of Radiation Research and Applied Sciences, Vol.9, 16 ( 2016).
- A.H.M.R. Quddus, M. M. Khan, A.S. Mollah, and M. A. Zaman, Assessment of internal radiation dose in gastro intenstial track for acute ingestion of Ra-226 of the people of Bangladesh, Bangladesh J. of Nucl. Med., Vol. 19 (1), 38 (2016).
- Meherun Nahar, Md. Sazzad Hossain, Abdus Sattar Mollah, and Mir Md.Akramuzzamsan, A preliminary study of percentage breast glandularity of Bangladeshi women from mammography data, Journal of Medical Physics and Biophysics, Vol. 3, No. 1, 56, December 2016.
- A.S. Mollah, K. Rahman and D. Hossain, “Use of IAEA radiation dose criteria to assess the need for internal radiation dosimetry in Nuclear Medicine practices, Bangladesh Journal of Nuclear Medicine, Vol. 20 (1), 51, 2017.
C. Conference Presentation
- Participated and presented a paper in the 22nd Annual Conference of Society of Nuclear Medicine Bangladesh, Gazipur, 24-25 February 2017.
- Participated and presented a paper (invited talk) in the International conference on physics in medicine and clinical neuroelectorphysiology (PMCN-2017), 10-11 March, 2017.
- Participated and presented a paper in the 21st Annual Conference of Society of Nuclear Medicine Bangladesh, Barisal, 19-21 February 2016.
- Participated and presented a paper in the 20th Annual Conference of Society of Nuclear Medicine Bangladesh, Dhaka, 18-19 March 2015.
- Participated and presented a paper (invited talk) in the International conference on physics in medicine and clinical neuroelectorphysiology (PMCN-2015), 19-20 February, 2015.